Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Hello Tabletop Gamers!
We are very happy to have so many people attending the Geek Game Days convention and playing tabletop games together this year.
We believe that everyone should have a fun, inclusive, and safe environment to play tabletop games. Discrimination based on race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other reason will not be tolerated.
This is our Code of Conduct for Geek Game Days. Please read these before joining and participating in Geek Game Day activities.
Geek Game Days – Expected Behavior
Expected or acceptable behavior include the following:
- Come ready to make new friends and have fun!
- Remember to be kind. Please speak kindly to people and talk kindly about others. Do not make fun of or put others down.
- Remember to be respectful. Avoid cursing, swearing, or ugly gestures. There is no harassment or bullying allowed.
- Dress code for the event would be similar to commonly accepted practices in general public areas or school functions.
- Plan on finishing games that you start.
- Wristbands and badges where applicable must be worn at all times.
- Alcohol and weapons are not permitted in convention or parking areas.
- Noise levels should be kept at a reasonable level.
- Neither Geek Game Days Staff or the venue assumes responsibility or liability for supervising the participants. If a participant is a minor, supervision is the responsibility of the parent or guardian. Both minor and guardian must be registered for the convention.
- Please comply with requests to stop behavior that is not tolerated.
- Please contact a Geek Game Days Staff member if you notice someone in distress or behavior that is not tolerated.
- Contact local authorities immediately if you become aware of an emergency situation.
Geek Game Days – Behavior that is Not Tolerated
Behaviors that are not tolerated include but are not limited to the following:
- Physical or verbal threats will not be tolerated
- Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Stalking, pushing, or shoving people will not be tolerated
- Sexually explicit or offensive language or actions will not be tolerated.
- Profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated.
- Repeated disruption of Geek Game Days or interruptions of other tabletop gamers will not be tolerated
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages at the convention venue is prohibited.
- The venue is a non-smoking facility. No smoking permitted, including e-cigarettes, in the building, exterior walkways or exterior patio.
- No animals will be permitted in the facility except for service animals currently on duty.
- Any additional behavior that Geek Game Days staff deems disruptive or inappropriate.
Please inform a Geek Game Days staff member if you experience behavior that is not tolerated at Geek Game Days.
In some cases simply asking the person to stop may resolve the issue. In the even that this happens please still inform a Geek Game Days staff member. If this doesn’t work simply do not engage the person and let a Geek Game Days staff member know the situation.
Violating any of these guidelines may result in the attendee’s removal, temporary suspension, or permanent removal from all future Geek Game Days events. Removal in this manner does not entitle you to a refund and you will be required to leave the venue.
If you have questions please contact Geek Game Days Staff or email email@example.com